5 Podcasts that will make you smarter, healthier, and just a better all-around human being.
I listen to podcasts just about every day. I really enjoy learning and constantly want to strive to be better, and understand more about the world. I don’t like to waste time so I listen on the train, when I’m working out, doing mundane tasks like brushing my teeth, cooking breakfast, etc. I also like to listen to music, too, but that’s another post for another day.
The wonderful thing about podcasts is that you get to get inside the minds of the top competitors in any industry. I truly believe that the best entrepreneurs are NOT afraid of sharing secrets, which is why I love podcasts (and blogs) where free, but valuable information is made accessible to the general public. Why would I not take full advantage of that?
So—here are my top 5 podcasts as of late:
- The Tim Ferriss Show: Many people know about his books, but he also has a blog and a KILLER podcast. Not only is Tim Ferriss amazing at the art of interviewing, he’s able to extract incredibly valuable tips and tricks of top performers in a wide range of fields. Some of his guests include Jamie Foxx, Tony Robbins, Maria Popova, Derek Sivers, Shay Carl, Edward Norton, and more. This is my absolute favorite podcast.
- The Skinny Confidential Him & Her Podcast: For some reason I can’t even explain, I really enjoy listening to this every week. Lauryn Evarts, a chic California-style wellness and lifestyle blogger, and her husband, Michael Bosstick offer two different perspectives on being a blogger, marketer, and business owner in the modern world. They cover topics on health, wellness, marketing, business, relationships, and more. It’s entertaining and informational. No sugar-coating here.
- Tara Brach: Tara Brach’s podcast is an absolute go-to when I need to chill the f*ck out. Lol. There are a bunch of amazing guided meditation exercises and talks from her retreats. It’s completely accessible to people who don’t practice Buddhism (which I don’t).
- Good Life Project: This is just a good all-around ‘how to be a better person in the world’ podcast. My favorite episode to date is the one with Debbie Millman of Design Matters. You MUST listen to it.
- The Chase Jarvis Live Show: From the founder of Creative Live, Chase Jarvis also has amazing interviews debunking the art of creation, business, and more with authors and entrepreneurs of all kinds. Guests have included Sophia Amaruso of Girl Boss, Kevin Kelly, Jared Leto, Brene Brown, + a bajillion more.
The above are in my top five mostly because they most deeply create positive change in my life. Other Podcasts I love are On Being with Krista Tippet, This American Life, Beauty Inside Out with Kimberly Snyder, Modern Love, and Hardcore History.
What are your favorite podcasts right now? I'm always looking for more ideas. :)