// How to // Youthful, Glowing Skin (goodbye wrinkly, puffy, red skin!)
I am the first person that will tell you to embrace your age and your laugh lines. But what we DON'T want is premature aging due to stress, unwise dietary choices, excessive alcohol, or chemicals from our beauty products and cleansers. The things you put on your face and body, and the food you ingest have a direct impact on the way you look and the pace at which you age. SO -- let's debunk this.
Problem: chronic redness, inflammation, acne, wrinkles, sagging skin
Anti-inflammatory foods like:
- Sweet potatoes
- greens & sprouts
Foods rich in antioxidants like:
- goji berries
Solution: All of the above AND taking care of your digestive tract, liver, and nutrient levels. These habits help to cleanse your body on a regular basis:
- Start the day with a mug of warm water with lemon juice.
- Get in the habit of drinking a homemade smoothie with fruit, healthy fats, and no artificial sugars.
- If you have trouble getting in your vegetables and nutrients, consider a very high quality green supplement, like this one. High quality is key.
- I swear by this Vital Proteins collagen supplement. Do it. Goes in smoothies great.
- Amp up your fermented food. Old school Kimchi is where it's at.
- CABBAGE is king. High in Vitamin C and Sulfur and adds the most yummy crunch to any and everything.
- Tumeric -- the spice of the gods. lolz, but really! It's anti-inflammatory and an incredible antioxidant.
- Limit your alcohol. I'm not going to be crazy unrealistic and say NO ALCOHOL.... but you know you're drinking too much. And it's not helping your liver, your sleep quality, or your skin. Stick to drinking a few times a week -- wine, tequila, and vodka soda are all good options.
- Cut processed food & refined sugars. I will be a curmudgeon about this one. You don't need it. Buh-bye.
- Manage your stress levels by taking yoga classes, practicing gratitude, or mediating.
While these tips & food choices will help your skin keep that youthful glow much longer, the benefits go so much further. Your energy, stress levels, and weight will improve, too!
What are your anti-aging tips?
Shop the post:
Photos: Shani Hadjian Photography