Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe (GF, flourless)
Well here we are in the best month of the year (IMHO). The month of change and the turning of the seasons. Symbolically this can indicate a shift or transition, but the funny thing is that October ALSO brings comfort, chilly nights where you stay in and watch netflix under a snuggly blanket, warm and spiced foods and drinks. October is such a wonderful month, because I get to bring out all my favorite recipes -- lasagna, chili, brownies, soups, stews, pot roast, pumpkin bread, banana bread. All the good things. We're starting it off with something a little unconventional, but absolutely worth making! This is a gem and you don't want to pass it up -- truly, you'll be shocked at how good this is:
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CHIP BLONDIES.
Flourless? So...what are they made with? Chickpeas! Yes, chickpeas. Who knew chickpeas could make such an amazing and delicious healthy treat??? Not me. Well, that's not entirely true, because I also have a flourless chickpea-based cookie dough recipe . I'll have to bring that in at some point soon. The recipe has zero flour and the only sweetener is a bit of maple syrup. Woohoo! So now we're all in on the secret. Here's the recipe:
Flourless Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice (optional)
1. Preheat the even to 350 degrees and grease an 8X8 pan.
2. Combine all the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor and blend until it forms a batter. Empty into a bowl and fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
3. Pour the batter into the baking pan and spread to even out. It is a thick batter. Then sprinkle the remaining 2 tbsp of chocolate chips evenly on top.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes and allow to cool. Then eat em' up!
These are even better the next day, so don't be afraid to let them sit. :)